For those 18 years and above, this team ensures that the wild animals under our care are provided optimal care. The sanctuary volunteers not only help with cleaning, food preparation, feeding and enrichment but also maintenance of the premises.
Project-based volunteering (Recommended for VIA & Service Learning)
From sourcing items on our wish list, to raising awareness and funds, the booklet provides you detailed information on the needs of the organisation and projects you can choose from.
- ACRES’ outreach volunteer team offers training and a variety of engagement opportunities to raise the much needed awareness and empower more individuals to take action for the animals. As Singapore is moving to become a “city in nature”, much outreach work is needed to educate the public on our native wildlife, human wildlife coexistence and not forgetting animal welfare! Please register your interest here to join the community. Do note that we require volunteers to commit at least once a month. Suitable for 18 years and above.
These are the opportunities we have for volunteers to help out:
- Tour of ACRES wildlife sanctuary (once a month)
- Outreach, set up and packing up of Roadshows
- Education programme delivery at school assembly
- Education programme delivery for Pre-school and Primary schools
- Delivery of Wildlife etiquette session (sharing session on native wildlife and coexistence tips)
- Human-wildlife conflict site visit/engagement
- Upkeep of ACRES Education Centre and it’s exhibits
- Creation of human-wildlife coexistence content for social media/engagement
Urban Birds Ambassador Team
If you’re 17 years and above, hone your communication skills and gain experience with on-the-ground advocacy work with this team. UBA gives you the opportunity to learn more about urban birds like pigeons, mynas and crows, and how to keep their population in check by ending bird feeding in estates. Volunteers will conduct advocacy in teams in different estates in Singapore to educate the public against urban bird feeding, and innovate new advocacy methods in the cause. We provide training which will allow you to understand these birds better, identify pigeon management measures (i.e. education posters, preventative infrastructure, waste management), and science communication lectures that would teach you to communicate scientific data better to the general public. Register online via the link below and we will revert to you with details on training sessions.