JOIN US TO END ANIMAL CRUELTY!
If your dream is to speak up for animals and give them a voice, then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for passionate individuals with a drive to make a difference for animals to join our team. If you are looking for a fulfilling job through which you will make this world a better place, please read on to find out about available positions.
The positions are only open to Singaporeans and Singapore PR holders and Dependant’s Pass holders.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
[FULL-TIME] Veterinary Nurse (posted 02 Sep 2021)
ACRES wildlife recovery and rehabilitation facility handles over 10 diverse cases (on an average a day) of rescued wild animals, who may be injured from animal attacks, road traffic accidents, poisoning, glue trap and other accidents. The focus at this facility is to stabilise, manage and treat these wild animals, aiming for recovery and release back to the wild at the soonest possible. Welfare of these wild animals is of prime importance, keeping handling to the minimum and observation to the maximum.
We are seeking a dedicated and motivated individual for the position of the veterinary nurse – who will assist the ACRES veterinarian with all the veterinary and animal care duties for the wild animals under treatment. They will work a roster of 5-day work week including weekends, except one weekend a month. Night shifts to feed nocturnal animals may be required when there are nocturnal animals under our care.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist the veterinarian in providing medical care for the animals.
- Perform animal care duties (cleaning and feeding of animals).
- Checking and maintaining inventory of drugs and consumables
- Ensure that our animal records are kept updated as per the SOP.
- Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of work areas
- Ensure that all animals are weighed/checked according to schedule.
- Perform animal care/wildlife rescue where veterinary assistance required.
- Carry out night feeds for the animals as and when required.
- Able to work independently.
- Graduates with a Bachelor/Diploma in Veterinary Technology or Diploma in Veterinary Bioscience.
- Able to work with wild animals such as tortoises, turtles, lizards, snakes, mammals and birds.
- Able to work weekend days, public holidays as per roster.
- Able to work late and come early in the morning for night/neonate feeds when required (for up to 8 nights a month).
- Physically fit.
- Meticulous and animal-welfare oriented.
- Communication skills to work as a team.
- Experience in veterinary clinics/rescue shelters an advantage.
- Able to start immediately.
- Only Singaporeans and PR may apply.
- Class 3A driving license an advantage.
Monthly salary: After 3 months’ probation: $1,910 before CPF deductions. Interested candidates, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret to inform that only short-listed candidates will be informed.