JOIN US TO END ANIMAL CRUELTY!
If your dream is to speak up for animals and give them a voice, then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for passionate individuals with a drive to make a difference for animals to join our team. If you are looking for a fulfilling job through which you will make this world a better place, please read on to find out about available positions.
The positions are only open to Singaporeans and Singapore PR holders and Dependant’s Pass holders.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
[FULL-TIME] Animal Care Officer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare food and feed the animals.
- Provide enrichments for the animals.
- Clean the enclosures and cages.
- Check and monitor for signs of distress, disease or injury.
- Administer care for sick animals.
- Check enclosures and cages for signs of wear and tear or damage.
- Maintain daily animal healthcare records.
- Perform final round for end-of-day inspection (animal care checklist and housekeeping).
- Engage and work with volunteers.
- Physically fit
- Able to work with wild animals (eg tortoises, turtles, lizards, snakes, mammals and birds)
Monthly salary: $1,580 (probation), $1,780 (post-probation)* before bonus. Interested candidates, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Amounts are before CPF deduction and bonus (subject to performance). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
ACRES wildlife recovery and rehabilitation facility handles over 10 diverse cases (on an average a day) of rescued wild animals, who may be injured from window collisions, animal attacks, traffic accidents, poisoning, glue trap and other accidents. The focus at this facility is to stabilise, manage and treat these wild animals, aiming for recovery and release back to the wild at the soonest possible. Welfare of these wild animals is of prime importance, keeping handling to the minimum and observation to the maximum.
We are seeking a dedicated and motivated individual for the position of the veterinarian– who will work with ACRES’s veterinary nurse to care for the wild animals under treatment. They will work a roster of 5-day work week including weekends. Night shifts to feed nocturnal animals may be required when there are nocturnal animals under our care.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To be able to triage rescued wildlife for signs of distress, disease or injury and provide immediate medical care as well as long term care for the animals.
- Perform surgeries and minor procedures.
- Manage the health of over 200 animals rescued from the illegal.wildlife trade that are housed at ACRES.
- ensure veterinary protocols and biosecurity measures are adhered to
- Ensure that veterinary and health-check records are maintained.
- Ensure that the treatment room and stocklist is maintained with proper records and veterinary supplies are stocked as required.
- Assist with emergency rescue (field) operations as required.
- Check enclosures and cages for signs of wear and tear / damage.
- Prepare food, feed and provide enrichment for the animals.
- Clean enclosures and cages.
- Perform final round for end-of-day inspection (animal checklist and housekeeping).
- Work with volunteers and interns.
- Degree in Veterinary Science or Veterinary Medicine
- Previous clinical experience preferred.
- Able to work with wild animals such as tortoises, turtles, lizards, snakes, bats and birds.
- Able to work weekend days, public holidays as per roster.
- Meticulous and animal-welfare oriented.
Monthly salary: $3,000-$3,600 (excluding bonus)
Interested candidates, please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. We regret to inform that only short-listed candidates will be informed.