WE ARE HIRING: JOIN US TO END ANIMAL CRUELTY!
If your dream is to speak up for animals and give them a voice, then we want to hear from you!
ACRES is expanding our efforts to end animal cruelty in Asia, and we are looking for passionate individuals with a drive to make a difference for animals to join our team. If you are looking for a fulfilling job through which you will make this world a better place, please send a detailed resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
The positions are full-time and are only open to Singaporeans and Singapore PR holders and Dependant’s Pass holders.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Wildlife Rescue Officer
Wildlife Rescue Officers directly save wild animals from the illegal wildlife trade and injured native wild animals in Singapore. As part of the team which is on call 24/7 and handles over a 1,000 cases a month, you will be on the forefront of wildlife protection in Singapore. You will also provide optimal care for rescued animals at the ACRES Wildlife Rescue Centre.
Salary: $1,910 (before CPF deductions and after 3 months’ probation)
- Respond to rescue calls for wild animals in Singapore.
- Perform daily animal care duties e.g. cleaning enclosures, preparing food, providing enrichment, documentation.
- Work closely with the volunteers to carry out animal care and wildlife rescue operations.
- Daily assistance with handling of rescued wild animals for treatment procedures.
- Daily documentation of wildlife rescue records.
- Liaise with relevant authorities for release and transfer of animals and adhering to wildlife rescue and rehabilitation protocols.
- Work schedule is rostered for 32 hours per shift at a time, followed by a day off.
- Must be willing to work on public holidays, eves of public holidays and perform up to three night duties every week.
- Must be physically fit.
- Class 3 driving license.
- Must be comfortable around dogs (who live in our premises).
- Passionate about making a difference for animals and the community.
- Self-motivated and independent, also able to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational, communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to commit full-time for a minimum of two years, preferably longer.
- Must have good communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of animal protection issues an advantage.
- Vet nursing educational background an advantage.
Wildlife Management Executive [Full-time]
Passionate about raising awareness on native wildlife and coexistence in Singapore? We are looking for wildlife management executives for a project period until 31st July 2021. More information below:
The monthly salary: $1,580 during 3 months’ probation and $1,780 after probation. (Figures before CPF deductions).
• Conduct monitoring of wildlife movements and human behaviour at selected conflict sites.
• Document behaviour of animals/people for reporting purposes, identify areas for improvement towards conflict resolution.
• Actively educate residents/property managers on native wildlife towards conflict resolution.
• Prepare weekly and monthly observation logs and reports for submissions.
• Assist with rescue operations where necessary.
• Safely conduct guarding of wildlife away from a conflict site, where necessary (training will be provided).
• Must be physically fit, to work outdoors.
• Class 3 driving license an advantage.
• Passionate about making a difference for animals and the community.
• Self-motivated and independent, also able to work as part of a team.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be willing to work on public holidays, eves of public holidays as necessary for wildlife monitoring.
• Able to commit full-time at least until July 2021.
• Must have good communication skills in English.
• Knowledge in local wildlife protection issues.
• Able to start work immediately.
This position is only open to Singaporeans and Singapore PR holders and Dependant’s Pass holders. Candidates who are interested and meet the requirements, please email your detailed resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected applicants will be notified.