WE ARE HIRING: JOIN US TO END ANIMAL CRUELTY!
If your dream is to speak up for animals and give them a voice, then we want to hear from you!
ACRES is expanding our efforts to end animal cruelty in Asia, and we are looking for passionate individuals with a drive to make a difference for animals to join our team. If you are looking for a fulfilling job through which you will make this world a better place, please send a detailed resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
The positions are full-time and are only open to Singaporeans and Singapore PR holders and Dependant’s Pass holders.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Wildlife Rescue Officer
Wildlife Rescue Officers directly save wild animals from the illegal wildlife trade and injured native wild animals in Singapore. As part of the team which is on call 24/7 and which has rescued over 3,000 wild animals, you will be on the forefront of wildlife protection in Singapore. You will also provide optimal care for rescued animals at the ACRES Wildlife Rescue Centre, Singapore’s only dedicated wildlife rescue centre.
Salary: $1,910 (gross salary)
- Respond to rescue calls for wild animals in Singapore.
- Perform daily animal care duties e.g. cleaning enclosures, preparing food, providing enrichment.
- Daily assistance with handling of rescued wild animals for treatment procedures.
- Daily documentation of wildlife rescue records.
- Liaise with relevant authorities for release and transfer of animals and wildlife rehabilitation protocols.
- Class 3 driving license.
- Passionate about making a difference for animals and the community.
- Self-motivated and independent, also able to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational, communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to commit full-time for a minimum of two years, preferably longer.
- Must be physically fit to work long hours, up to 32 hours per shift.
- Must be comfortable handling reptiles and other wild animals.
- Must have good communication skills in English.
- Must be willing to work on public holidays, eves of public holidays and perform up to three night-shift duties every week.
- Knowledge of animal protection issues an advantage.
Wildlife Management Executive
While our team of staff and volunteers are rescuing and taking care of the animals are ACRES every day, you will be at the heart of everything. You will be responsible of the volunteer database, ensuring that we have a constant supply of volunteers. You will be working closely with our rescue, animal care and corporate volunteers, documenting the care of our resident animals, rescues and rehabilitation daily through video and photography (suitable for social media). You will work closely with the deputy chief executive to write proposals for sponsorships and funding to keep our rescue centre inventory up to date.
Salary: $1,660 (gross salary)
- Handle feedback referrals from the National Parks Board on wildlife related situations.
- Conduct engagement sessions for outreach on wildlife co-existence
- Carry out surveillance and monitoring for wildlife-related situations
- Document and submit weekly reports on the above.
- To respond to feedback through commuting island-wide (including public transport) to manage wildlife related situations.
- Passionate about animal welfare and raising awareness.
- Proficiency in English and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work outdoors as an excellent team player
- Ability to work closely with the community through engagement
- Ability to adapt working in a charity organization, ability to work weekends/public holidays when required.
- Singapore driving license an advantage
- Meticulous in following up, documentation and reporting.
Please note that this job does not involve exclusively handling wildlife on a daily basis.