As our education team operates on lean manpower, we are mostly offering virtual versions of our programmes with exciting components such as a live virtual tour of our treatment facility OR sanctuary. We seek your understanding that we are trying our best to deliver physical programmes where possible. Our educational talks raise awareness on a wide range of pressing animal protection issues and advocate compassion and respect towards animals:
- Animals as Sentient Beings
- Illegal Wildlife Trade
- Coexistence with Singapore’s wildlife & Wildlife Etiquette sessions
- Cruelty-free lifestyle and Taking Action for Animals
- Tailored topics: We can also deliver on topics specific to a group of animals, for example: Dolphins in Captivity, Snakes of Singapore, etc.
For the little ones at kindergartens, we also offer specialised presentations and activities. To reserve an educational/virtual programme with us, please email our Education Executives, at email@example.com with the following details:
- Name of the teacher in charge
- Number of participants (number of adults),
- Number and age of children / students,
- Two alternative dates (Mondays to Fridays, except Public Holidays),
- Preferred time (9.45am to 1.00pm OR 2.00pm to 4.45pm).
- School and address (for invoice and receipt purposes)
The average duration of our educational programme is approximately 90 minutes: ‘
- 45 mins – Talk + 2 sensory activities
- 15 mins – Tour around Wildlife Sanctuary to meet some of the tortoises from the illegal pet trade (Virtual only)
- 30 mins – Q&A, Group photo & dismissal
An ideal school group size is 30 pax for preschoolers and lower primary school students, and 40 pax for upper primary and secondary school students
For an educational private tour at the AWRC (for a donation to support our work), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment. We organise periodic and festive open houses to continue our outreach efforts. Details are updated at http://bit.ly/ACRESVirtualTour with upcoming dates and ways to sign up.
ACRES can deliver virtual programmes through our own zoom meeting room; We strongly believe that delivery, engagement and keeping the content current and relevant – play a vital role in empowering the audience to take action for animals. For this reason and content copyrights, recording of the programmes is not permitted. We regret to inform you that we do not share powerpoint slides/videos of our programmes for a duplicate session without written agreement on terms.
ACRES is keen to engage your team members and empower them on local animal protection issues through a virtual or a physical lunch-break sharing session or a visit to ACRES. Please note that we request for a donation to support the work for animals. Kindly email our Senior Supporters Engagement Executive Ram at email@example.com with your request. For more information on corporate partnerships, please click here.