Education is key to ending animal cruelty. Much of the animal abuse and exploitation in today’s world continues because of simple lack of awareness.
ACRES regularly gives presentations at educational and corporate facilities all over Singapore. We also offer educational programmes at the ACRES Wildlife Rescue Centre (AWRC), and welcome groups of up to 50 individuals for a presentation and tour of the facility which includes the Lee Foundation Education Centre, Outdoor Conservation Classroom and Wildlife Sanctuary.
Our educational talks raise awareness on a wide range of pressing animal protection issues and advocate compassion and respect towards animals:
- Animals as Sentient Beings
- Endangered Animals
- Wildlife Trade
- Making a Difference for Animals
- General ACRES Presentation
- Our Native Wildlife
- and more…
For the little ones at kindergartens, we also offer specialised presentations and activities. To reserve an educational programme with us, please email our Education Executive, Edwina, at email@example.com with the following details:
- Name of the teacher in charge
- Number of participants (number of adults),
- Number and age of children / students,
- Two alternative dates (Mondays to Fridays, except Public Holidays),
- Preferred time (9.45am to 1.00pm OR 2.00pm to 4.45pm).
- School and address (for invoice and receipt purposes)
The average duration of our educational programme is approximately 90 minutes: ‘
- 45 mins – Talk + 2 senses activities
- 15 mins – Tour around Wildlife Sanctuary to meet some of the tortoises from the illegal pet trade (No physical interaction)
- 30 mins – Q&A, Group photo & dismissal
An ideal school group size is 30 pax for preschoolers and lower primary school students, and 40 pax for upper primary and secondary school students
For a private tour at the AWRC, email us to reserve an appointment. A minimum donation of $10 per person will be requested for the tour.