While our team of staff and volunteers are rescuing and taking care of the animals are ACRES every day, you will be at the heart of everything. You will be responsible of the volunteer database, ensuring that we have a constant supply of volunteers. You will be working closely with our rescue, animal care and corporate volunteers, documenting the care of our resident animals, rescues and rehabilitation daily through video and photography (suitable for social media). You will work closely with the deputy chief executive to write proposals for sponsorships and funding to keep our rescue centre inventory up to date.
Salary: $1,660 (gross salary)
- Maintain volunteer database(s).
- Liaise with rescue, animal care and corporate volunteers.
- Creating content of our rescue and rehabilitation work for social media platforms.
- Daily documentation of wildlife rescue records.
- Planning and proposal writing.
- You will be trained in doing rescue and animal care as well.
- Knowledge in simple graphic soft wares like Word, Excel, Photoshop and Movie Maker.
- Passionate about making a difference for animals and the community.
- Self-motivated and independent, also able to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational, communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Energetic and love the outdoors.
- Able to commit full-time for a minimum of two years, preferably longer.
- Must have good communication skills in English.
- Must be willing to work on public holidays, eves of public holidays.
- Knowledge of native wildlife and animal protection issues an advantage.
- Creative and able to think out of the box.
- Class 3 driving license an advantage.